Year 7 Catch-Up Premium
The government has made a commitment to provide additional funding to schools for each Year 7 student from a maintained school who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of Key Stage 2. The purpose of this funding is to enable schools to deliver additional support, such as individual tuition in small groups, for those children that most need it. The funding per student is £500.
Please see the attached document for a breakdown of Trafalgar’s School targeted support and the impact on student progress.
Allocation of Year 7 catch-up premium
- The English and maths departments each have a full time Lead Teaching Assistant who will work within class and in small groups to provide extra intervention and support in literacy and numeracy for Year 7 catch-up group, (Cost £45,000).
- Students with very specific literacy needs will be removed from MFL lessons for intensive support from the SENCO and members of the learning support team (Cost £9000).
- After school tuition and a homework club with teaching staff and members of the support team to improve literacy and numeracy skills.
- Focused intervention and in-class support for literacy and numeracy using trained Teaching Assistants.
Monitoring the Impact of Year 7 catch-up premium
- Development of new data collection systems allows SLT to track progress much more clearly so that other interventions can be put in place as quickly as needed.
- Department leaders are required to track and report on the progress of low attaining students at half-termly progress meetings.