Welcome, from the Chair of Governors
Hello and welcome to the Trafalgar School Governor’s Section of the website. I am Matthew Stratton, the newly elected Chair of Governors at Trafalgar School where I have been a Governor since it’s conversion to an Academy in 2015; under the sponsorship of the Salterns Academy Trust. I am delighted and honoured to have been elected to the position of Chair of the Local Governing Body, which is made up of committed individuals, all determined to establish Trafalgar School as a community of excellence.
The Governing body’s purpose is to ensure that Trafalgar School has a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction going forward. We also hold the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to account for the educational outcomes of the school each year, as well as overseeing the financial performance of the school. The LGB is made up of 11 Governors, and as a group we report to the Salterns Trust.
As Governors, we fully support the recently appointed Headteacher’s aspiration for rapid improvement within our school. Indeed, we will support and demand those outcomes for the benefit of our students and community, putting our motto of ‘Learning today, leading tomorrow’ at the very heart of everything we do. In addition we will:
- Ensure that the students are central to everything we do.
- Maintain high expectations of all students and staff to support our students in reaching their full potential.
- Drive continuous improvement through strong and effective governance.
- Promote a school culture and ethos which provides an education experience of the highest order, in which students excel and improve their life chances.
- Encourage and support the development of employer, community and academic partnerships to ensure that our students are prepared for and understand the many options open to them in the world of further education and/or work.
- Do all that we can to make students, parents and staff proud to be associated with Trafalgar School.
The Governors and I look forward to meeting you at the many school events, and encourage all parents to become an active part of the Trafalgar School Community. We will endeavour to include the views of students, teachers, parents and the wider community in our governance work. Therefore, if you have a query, an idea or want to help improve our school, please contact the school and make your views known. In addition you can contact the Chair of Governors through the following email: email@example.com
Your views really do matter!